BUSINESS & ADMINISTRATION
BSB30415 -Certificate III in Business Administration
Call us on +61 7 3290 5359 or request a course advisor to call you.
The Certificate III in Business Administration is designed for convenient digital delivery via our online Student Portal. This course will help you to develop your skills in a wide variety of areas including keyboard speed and accuracy, and organising schedules.
Online access enables you to study at your pace, from your own home and includes a generous 24-month enrolment period.
This qualification provides you with the skills necessary to support your current and future employment in business and management roles. You will learn successful strategies for processing payroll, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and creating electronic presentations.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements. However, our students are required to be 18 years or older at the time of registration and demonstrate the minimum level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills, and computer skills. If English isn’t your first language, you may be required to sit an LLN test to ensure you are suitable to undertake the course. Please refer to the relevant IPS Policies and the Student Handbook for full details.
Successful completion of this qualification will allow you to apply for positions such as:
Office administrative assistant
Customer service representative
Junior personal assistant
Continued Study includes:
Recognition of Prior Learning
IF you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability you may be eligible for IPS Institute to conduct RPL. The process may enable you to get unit credits allowing you to fast-track this qualification. Contact us for information about your eligibility.
Course Structure and Units
To obtain the Certificate III in Business Administration you must achieve competency in 13 units of competency which is made up of (2) core units as well as (11) elective units of which:
- 7 elective units must be selected from the Group A units listed below.
- 4 elective units may be selected from the Group A or Group B elective units listed below, or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level
- BSBITU307Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy
- BSBWHS201Contribute to health and safety of self and others
Sample Elective Units
- BSBADM307Organise schedules
- BSBFIA302Process payroll
- BSBFIA303Process accounts payable and receivable
- BSBFIA304Maintain a general ledger
- BSBITU312Create electronic presentations
- BSBITU313Design and produce digital text documents
- BSBITU314Design and produce spreadsheets
- BSBITU306Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU309Produce desktop published documents
- BSBWRT301Write simple documents
- BSBCMM301Process customer complaints
- BSBCUS301Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBDIV301Work effectively with diversity
- BSBINM301Organise workplace information
- BSBINM302Utilise a knowledge management system
- BSBINN201Contribute to workplace innovation
- BSBPRO301Recommend products and services
- BSBSUS201Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR301Organise personal work priorities and development
- BSBWHS401Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
The Certificate 3 Guarantee, funded by the Queensland Government, is available to eligible individuals to gain their first post school Certificate III or Certificate IV qualification.
Flexible plans and upfront discounts are available.