BUSINESS & ADMINISTRATION
BSB31115 Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical)
Call us on +61 7 3290 5359 or request a course advisor to call you.
The Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) is designed for convenient digital delivery via our online Student Portal. This course will help you to develop your skills in interpreting and applying medical terminology, preparing and processing medical accounts, and managing patient record-keeping systems,
Online access enables you to study at your pace, from your own home and includes a generous 24-month enrolment period.
This qualification provides you with the skills necessary to support your current and future employment in medical administration roles. You will learn successful strategies for organising schedules and producing texts from audio transcriptions.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements. However, our students are required to be 18 years or older at the time of registration and demonstrate the minimum level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills, and computer skills. If English isn’t your first language, you may be required to sit an LLN test to ensure you are suitable to undertake the course. Please refer to the relevant IPS Policies and the Student Handbook for full details.
Successful completion of this qualification will allow you to apply for positions such as:
Continued Study includes:
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability you may be eligible for IPS Institute to conduct RPL. The process may enable you to get unit credits allowing you to fast-track this qualification. Contact us for information about your eligibility.
Course Structure and Units
To obtain the Certificate III in Business Administration you must achieve competency in 13 unites of competency which is made up of (2) core units as well as (11) elective units of which:
- 5 elective units must be from Group A elective units below
- 4 elective units may be from Group A or Group B elective units, or from qualifications at the same level or one higher in any endorsed Training Package or accredited course
- 2 elective units may be selected from Group A, Group B or Group C units listed below, or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level or one level higher or lower.
- BSBITU307Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy
- BSBWHS201Contribute to health and safety of self and others
Sample Elective Units
- BSBMED301Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBMED302Prepare and process medical accounts
- BSBMED303Maintain patient records
- BSBMED304Assist in controlling stocks and supplies
- BSBMED305Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment
- BSBMED401Manage patient record keeping system
- BSBADM307Organise schedules
- BSBFIA302Process payroll
- BSBFIA303Process accounts payable and receivable
- BSBFIA304Maintain a general ledger
- BSBITU306Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU309Produce desktop published documents
- BSBADM302Produce texts from notes
- BSBADM303Produce texts from audio transcription
- BSBADM311Maintain business resources
- BSBCMM301Process customer complaints
- BSBCUS301Deliver and monitor a service to customers
The Certificate 3 Guarantee, funded by the Queensland Government, is available to eligible individuals to gain their first post school Certificate III or Certificate IV qualification.
The User Choice subsidy is available for eligible students.
Flexible plans and upfront discounts are available.