BUSINESS & ADMINISTRATION
BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration
Call us on +61 7 3290 5359 or request a course advisor to call you.
The Certificate IV in Business Administration is designed for convenient digital delivery via our online Student Portal. This course will help you to develop your skills in organising business meetings and travel, preparing financial reports, developing and using complex computer software.
Online access enables you to study at your pace, from your own home and includes a generous 24-month enrolment period.
This qualification provides you with the skills necessary to support your current and future employment in business administration roles. You will learn successful strategies for implementing workplace information systems, administering projects, and writing complex documents.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements. However, our students are required to be 18 years or older at the time of registration and demonstrate the minimum level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills, and computer skills. If English isn’t your first language, you may be required to sit an LLN test to ensure you are suitable to undertake the course. Please refer to the relevant IPS Policies and the Student Handbook for full details.
Successful completion of this qualification will allow you to apply for positions such as:
Office administrative assistant
Customer service representative
Continued Study includes:
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability you may be eligible for IPS Institute to conduct RPL. The process may enable you to get unit credits allowing you to fast-track this qualification. Contact us for information about your eligibility.
Course Structure and Units
To obtain the Certificate IV in Business Administration you must achieve competency in (10) ten elective units. There are no core units for this qualification. Elective units, of which:
- (5) five elective units must be selected from the Group A units listed below
- (5) five elective units may be selected from the Group A or Group B units listed below, or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level
- if not listed below, (1) one elective unit may be selected from either a Certificate III or Diploma qualification from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course
BSBITU307 Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy cannot be selected as an elective unit for this qualification.
Sample Elective Units
- BSBADM405Organise meetings
- BSBADM406Organise business travel
- BSBADM411Produce complex texts from audio transcription
- BSBFIA401Prepare financial reports
- BSBINM401 Implement workplace information system
- BSBITA411Design and develop relational databases
- BSBADM407Administer projects
- BSBADM409Coordinate business resources
- BSBCMM401Make a presentation
- BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS402Address customer needs
- BSBEBU401Review and maintain a website
Flexible plans and upfront discounts are available.