WORK HEALTH & SAFETY
BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
.IPS Institute BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety qualification is considered the minimum entry point for anyone wanting to commence a career in occupational work health and safety.
This qualification is built specifically to give you specialised skills and knowledge in assisting with responding to incidents, contribution to implementing and maintaining work health and safety consultation, participation processes and assist with compliance with work health and safety laws.
You will develop your skills as a health and safety practitioner and become responsible for the corresponding WHS functions within a workplace. This qualification is particularly relevant if you are currently working in a team and want to specialise in work health and safety practices. This course will provide you the knowledge and strategies to ensure that workplace emergency processes and procedures and systems, and processes are implemented. Successfully completing this qualification will provide you with the specialised skills and knowledge to undertake the role of safety officer
Potential career outcomes for those who complete the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety include:
Project HSE Advisor
Course Structure and Units
To obtain the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety you must achieve competency in 10 units consisting of (5) core units as well as (5) elective units of which:
• 3 units must be from Group A below
• 2 units may be from Group A, Group B or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level
• If not listed below, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Certificate III or Diploma from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course offered by IPS Institute.
- BSBWHS412Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416Contribute to workplace incident response
- BSBINS401Analyse and present research information
- BSBWHS417Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
- BSBWHS418Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS419Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
- BSBWHS431Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- BSBWRT411Write complex documents
- BSBCMM411Make presentations
- BSBLDR411Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBPMG420Apply project scope management techniques
- BSBSTR401Promote innovation in team environments
- BSBSTR402Implement continuous improvement
- BSBSUS411Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- TAEASS301Contribute to assessment
- TAEDEL301Provide work skill instruction
Continued Study includes:
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Our students are required to be 18 years or older at the time of registration and demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills, and computer skills. If English isn’t your first language, you may be required to sit an LLN test to ensure you are suitable to undertake the course. Please refer to the relevant IPS Policies and the Student Handbook for full details.
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability you may be eligible for IPS Institute to conduct RPL. The process may enable you to get unit credits allowing you to fast-track this qualification. Contact us for information about your eligibility.
Our courses are designed for adult learners with busy lives. We know life can be unpredictable and circumstances change, that’s why we make our study options as flexible as we can to cater to your lifestyle. We offer transparent payment plans as well as discounted upfront payment options plus our administrative fees are simple. You will see your complete schedule of fees before you make any payments.
We offer you:
RPL Applications Cost = $0
6-Month Extension Cost = $0
Upon enrolment you will receive and IPS Institute Induction which includes:
• Complimentary profile test to determine your strengths so that we can tailor your elective selections to meet your specific needs
• Short course on-line explaining your profile
• Career Alignment Pathway Session (30 mins) to guide you on your path to career success
• Access to our private IPS Institute Facebook Group where you can interact with other students and faculty
• Monthly webinars for professional and personal development with our CEO Victoria Jennings
You can pause your studies, then pick them back up when you’re ready*.
If you require additional study time, we can help*.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Our courses are completely self-paced, meaning you can study around your lifestyle. No strict deadlines, no inflexible classes to work around, no pressure to work to someone else’s schedule. Depending on the time you commit and your learning style, studying part-time you could see you complete the course in approximately 12 months.