BUSINESS & ADMINISTRATION
BSB42618 Certificate IV in New Small Business
IPS Institute BSB42618 Certificate IV in New Small Business takes the guesswork out of starting your own small business by learning a strong set of skills across all the key areas of business. If you are looking to launch your own small business, then this business course is a must.
Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to master all the major business areas to make your idea and your business a success.
Successful completion of this qualification will allow you to apply for positions such as:
Office Administrative Assistant
Customer Service Representative
Potential career outcomes for those who complete the BSB41515 Certificate IV in New Small Business include:
Self-employed Business Owner establishing a small business
General Manager establishing a small business
Course Structure and Units
To obtain the BSB42618 Certificate IV in New Small Business you must achieve competency in (10) units, which consist of (4) core units as well as (6) elective units, of which:
- All may be selected from the elective units listed below, or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level where offered by IPS Institute
If not listed below, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Certificate III or Diploma qualification from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course where offered by IPS Institute.
- BSBSMB401Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403Market the small business
- BSBSMB404Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB421Manage small business finances
Sample Elective Units
- BSBADM409Coordinate business resources
- BSBCUS401Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS402Address customer needs
- BSBEBU401Review and maintain a website
- BSBFIA412Report on financial activity
- BSBINN301Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBINT303Organise the importing and exporting of goods
- BSBIPR405Protect and use intangible assets in small business
- BSBITU422Use digital technologies to collaborate in the workplace
- BSBMGT404Lead and facilitate off-site staff
Continued Study includes:
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability you may be eligible for IPS Institute to conduct RPL. The process may enable you to get unit credits allowing you to fast-track this qualification. Contact us for information about your eligibility.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Our students are required to be 18 years or older at the time of registration and demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills, and computer skills. If English isn’t your first language, you may be required to sit an LLN test to ensure you are suitable to undertake the course. Please refer to the relevant IPS Policies and the Student Handbook for full details.
Our courses are designed for adult learners with busy lives. We know life can be unpredictable and circumstances change, that’s why we make our study options as flexible as we can to cater to your lifestyle. We offer transparent payment plans as well as discounted upfront payment options plus our administrative fees are simple. You will see your complete schedule of fees before you make any payments.
We offer you:
RPL Applications Cost = $0
6-Month Extension Cost = $0
Upon enrolment you will receive and IPS Institute Induction which includes:
• Complimentary profile test to determine your strengths so that we can tailor your elective selections to meet your specific needs
• Short course on-line explaining your profile
• Career Alignment Pathway Session (30 mins) to guide you on your path to career success
• Access to our private IPS Institute Facebook Group where you can interact with other students and faculty
• Monthly webinars for professional and personal development with our CEO Victoria Jennings
You can pause your studies, then pick them back up
when you’re ready*.
If you require additional study time, we can help*
*Terms and conditions apply
his course is competency-based so you can progress at your own pace. Depending on your level of experience and eligibility for Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer it may take you from 6 – 36 months.