BUSINESS & ADMINISTRATION
BSB42618 Certificate IV in New Small Business
Call us on +61 7 3290 5359 or request a course advisor to call you.
The Certificate IV in New Small Business is designed for convenient digital delivery via our online Student Portal. This course will help you to develop your skills in establishing legal and risk management, marketing, business planning, and managing finances.
Online access enables you to study at your pace, from your own home and includes a generous 24-month enrolment period.
This qualification provides you with the skills necessary to successfully launch a new small business. You will learn successful strategies for addressing customer needs, reviewing and maintaining a website, and reporting on financial activity.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements. However, our students are required to be 18 years or older at the time of registration and demonstrate the minimum level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills, and computer skills. If English isn’t your first language, you may be required to sit an LLN test to ensure you are suitable to undertake the course. Please refer to the relevant IPS Policies and the Student Handbook for full details.
Successful completion of this qualification will allow you to apply for positions such as:
Self-employed small business owner
General Manager of a small business
Continued Study includes:
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability you may be eligible for IPS Institute to conduct RPL. The process may enable you to get unit credits allowing you to fast-track this qualification. Contact us for information about your eligibility.
Course Structure and Units
To obtain the Certificate IV in New Small Business you must achieve competency in 10 units of competency which is made up of (4) core units as well as (6) elective units on which:
- All may be selected from the elective units listed below, or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level
- If not listed below, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Certificate III or Diploma qualification from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course.
- BSBSMB401Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403Market the small business
- BSBSMB404Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB421Manage small business finances
Sample Elective Units
- BSBADM409Coordinate business resources
- BSBCUS401Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS402Address customer needs
- BSBEBU401Review and maintain a website
- BSBFIA412Report on financial activity
- BSBINN301Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBINT303Organise the importing and exporting of goods
- BSBIPR405Protect and use intangible assets in small business
- BSBITU422Use digital technologies to collaborate in the workplace
- BSBMGT404Lead and facilitate off-site staff
Construction Skills Queensland offers funding for eligible students.
Flexible plans and upfront discounts are available.