BUSINESS & ADMINISTRATION
BSB50215 Diploma of Business
IPS Institute BSB50215 Diploma of Business contains hand-selected units to give you the ultimate combination of both operational and strategic business skills.
Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to develop essential administrative capabilities in business planning, leadership, finance and people management and learn transferable skill sets required in businesses of every
size in any industry.
Successful completion of this qualification will allow you to apply for positions such as:
Sales Team Leader
Corporate Services Manager
Program Consultant or Coordinator
Legal Practice Manager
Business Development Manager
Course Structure and Units
To obtain a BSB50215 Diploma of Business you must achieve competency in (8) eight elective units. This course has no core units. Of the eight elective units that must be selected:
- 6 of the elective units must be selected from the units below, with no more than 3 units selected from any one group
- 2 elective units may be selected from elective units listed below, from the BSB Business Services Training Package, or any current accredited course or endorsed Training Package at this qualification level or Certificate IV or Advanced Diploma level offered by IPS Institute.
Sample Elective Units
Group A Units
- BSBADV507Develop a media plan
- BSBMKG523Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan
Group B Units
- BSBADM502Manage meetings
- BSBADM503Plan and manage conferences
- BSBADM504Plan and implement administrative systems
- BSBADM506Manage business document design and development
- BSBFIM502Manage payroll
- BSBITB511Establish and maintain a workgroup computer network
Group C Units
- BSBHRM501Manage human resources services
- BSBHRM502Manage human resources management information systems
- BSBHRM513Manage workforce planning
- BSBHRM505Manage remuneration and employee benefits
- BSBHRM506Manage recruitment, selection and induction processes
- BSBHRM507Manage separation or termination
- BSBHRM509Manage rehabilitation or return-to-work programs
- BSBHRM510Manage mediation processes
- BSBLED502Manage programs that promote personal effectiveness
Group D Units
- BSBMKG501Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBMKG502Establish and adjust the marketing mix
- BSBMKG506Plan market research
- BSBMKG507Interpret market trends and developments
- BSBMKG514 Implement and monitor marketing activities
- BSBMKG515 Conduct a marketing audit
- BSBPUB501 Manage the public relations publication process
Group E Units
- BSBINM501Manage an information or knowledge management system
- BSBINN502Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBMGT403Implement continuous improvement
- BSBPMG522Undertake project work
- BSBRSK501Manage risk
- BSBSUS501Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWOR501Manage personal work priorities and professional development
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements. However, our students are required to be 18 years or older at the time of registration and demonstrate the minimum level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills, and computer skills. If English isn’t your first language, you may be required to sit an LLN test to ensure you are suitable to undertake the course. Please refer to the relevant IPS Policies and the Student Handbook for full details.
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability you may be eligible for IPS Institute to conduct a RPL. The process may enable you to get unit credits allowing you to fast-track this qualification. Contact us for information about your eligibility.
Construction Skills Queensland offers funding for eligible students.
We offer transparent payment plans as well as discounted upfront payment options plus our administrative fees are simple. You will see your complete schedule of fees before you make any payments.
We offer you:
RPL Applications Cost = $0
6-Month Extension Cost = $0
Upon enrolment you will receive and IPS Institute Induction which includes:
• Complimentary profile test to determine your strengths so that we can tailor your elective selections to meet your specific needs
• Short course on-line explaining your profile
• Career Alignment Pathway Session (30 mins) to guide you on your path to career success
• Access to our private IPS Institute Facebook Group where you can interact with other students and faculty
• Monthly webinars for professional and personal development with our CEO Victoria Jennings
You can pause your studies, then pick them back up when you’re ready*.
If you require additional study time, we can help*
*Terms and conditions apply
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Part-Time – approx. 16-18 months
Full-Time – approx. 12 months