WORK HEALTH & SAFETY
BSB51319 The Diploma of Work Health and Safety
IPS Institute BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety will help you to develop and hone your WHS skills to ensure you stand out when chasing that next senior health and safety role.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS
contexts and provide the necessary skills for leadership and guidance on safety management issues. Throughout the course, you will develop your skills in managing project scope and quality, dealing with time and cost constraints, building and sustaining an innovative work environment and acquire greater theoretical understanding
Potential career outcomes for those who complete the BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety include:
Project HSE Advisor
Course Structure and Units
To obtain the BSB51319 Diploma in Work Health and Safety, you must achieve competency in 9 units, which consist of 5 core units and; 4 elective units, of which:
- At least 3 units must be Group A
- The remaining unit may be from Group A or Group B or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level.
- BSBWHS513Lead WHS risk management
- BSBWHS515Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS516Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system
- BSBWHS519Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
- BSBWHS522Manage WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS517 Contribute to managing a WHS information system
- BSBWHS518 Manage WHS hazards associated with maintenance and use of plant
- BSBWHS520Manage implementation of emergency procedures
- BSBSTR502Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBTWK502Manage team effectiveness
- BSBWHS521Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
- TAEDEL401Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The completion of all core units in BSB41419 certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to the following units, which have been mapped as equivalent:
- BSBWHS412 – Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 – Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 – Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 – Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS4126 – Contribute to workplace incident response
Please refer to the relevant IPS Policies and the Student Handbook for full details.
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability you may be eligible for IPS Institute to conduct RPL. The process may enable you to get unit credits allowing you to fast-track this qualification. Contact us for information about your eligibility.
There is a subsidy available to you via Construction Skills Queensland to eligible participants.
We offer transparent payment plans as well as discounted upfront payment options plus our administrative fees are simple. You will see your complete schedule of fees before you make any payments.
We offer you:
RPL Applications Cost = $0
6-Month Extension Cost = $0
Upon enrolment you will receive and IPS Institute Induction which includes:
• Complimentary profile test to determine your strengths so that we can tailor your elective selections to meet your specific needs
• Short course on-line explaining your profile
• Career Alignment Pathway Session (30 mins) to guide you on your path to career success
• Access to our private IPS Institute Facebook Group where you can interact with other students and faculty
• Monthly webinars for professional and personal development with our CEO Victoria Jennings
You can pause your studies, then pick them back up when you’re ready*.
If you require additional study time, we can help*
*Terms and conditions apply
Part-Time – approx. 24 months
Full-Time – approx. 12 months