LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management
IPS Institute BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management is designed to advance supervisors or middle managers to the responsibilities of management roles. With the latest theories and practical approaches to management you will explore the critical capabilities that make an effective manager.
This qualification is divided into three distinct sections that cover the management of business, performance and people and focuses on those wishing to upskill in a number of leadership and management areas. Throughout the course, you will learn successful strategies for performance management and optimisation, supporting recruitment, delivering financial plans, and effectively implement change management processes.
Potential career outcomes for those who complete BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management include:
Course Structure and Units
To obtain the BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management you must achieve competency in 12 units, which consist of 4 core units and 8 elective units, of which:
- 4 elective units must be selected from Group A
- Up to 4 may be additional units from Group A or Group B
- If not listed below, up to 2 electives may be from Diploma or above in the Business Services Training Package offered by IPS Institute.
- If not listed below, 1 elective unit may be from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Diploma level offered by IPS Institute.
- BSBLDR502Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR511Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBMGT517Manage operational plan
- BSBWOR502Lead and manage team effectiveness
Sample Elective Units
- BSBCUS501Manage quality customer service
- BSBFIM501Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBHRM405Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBINN502Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBMGT502Communicate with influence
- BSBLDR504Manage people performance
- BSBLDR513Communicate with influence
- BSBADM502Manage meetings
- BSBCOM503Develop processes for the management of breaches in compliance requirements
- BSBFRA502Manage a franchise operation
- BSBHRM511Manage expatriate staff
- BSBHRM512Develop and manage performance-management processes
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Our students are required to be 18 years or older at the time of registration and demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills, and computer skills. If English isn’t your first language, you may be asked to sit an LLN test to ensure you are suitable to undertake the course. Please refer to the relevant IPS Policies and the Student Handbook for full details.
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability you may be eligible for IPS Institute to conduct RPL. The process may enable you to get unit credits allowing you to fast-track this qualification. Contact us for information about your eligibility.
We offer transparent payment plans as well as discounted upfront payment options plus our administrative fees are simple. You will see your complete schedule of fees before you make any payments.
We offer you:
RPL Applications Cost = $0
6-Month Extension Cost = $0
Upon enrolment you will receive and IPS Institute Induction which includes:
• Complimentary profile test to determine your strengths so that we can tailor your elective selections to meet your specific needs
• Short course on-line explaining your profile
• Career Alignment Pathway Session (30 mins) to guide you on your path to career success
• Access to our private IPS Institute Facebook Group where you can interact with other students and faculty
• Monthly webinars for professional and personal development with our CEO Victoria Jennings
You can pause your studies, then pick them back up when you’re ready*.
If you require additional study time, we can help*
*Terms and conditions apply
Our courses are completely self-paced, meaning you can study around your lifestyle. No strict deadlines. No inflexible classes to work around. No pressure to work to someone else’s schedule. Depending on the time you commit and your learning style, studying part-time you could see you complete the course in approximately 16 months.