FNS – Accounting and Bookkeeping
Call us on +61 7 3290 5359 or request a course advisor to call you.
Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217)
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is designed for convenient digital delivery via our online Student Portal. This course will help you to develop your skills in preparing financial reports, introducing cloud computing into business operations, extract interim reports, set up and operate a computerised accounting system and deliver and monitor service to customers.
Online access enables you to study at your pace, from your own home and includes a generous 24-month enrolment period.
This qualification provides you with the skills necessary to support your current and future employment in business administration roles. You will learn successful strategies for administering subsidiary accounts and ledgers and processing financial transactions.
Get started today!
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements. However, our students are required to be 18 years or older at the time of registration and demonstrate the minimum level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills, and computer skills. If English isn’t your first language, you may be required to sit an LLN test to ensure you are suitable to undertake the course. Please refer to the relevant IPS Policies and the Student Handbook for full details.
Successful completion of this qualification will allow you to apply for positions such as:
Accounting Support Officer
Continued Study OPTIONS
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability you may be eligible for IPS Institute to conduct RPL. The process may enable you to get unit credits allowing you to fast-track this qualification. Contact us for information about your eligibility.
Course Structure and Units
To obtain the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping, you must achieve competency in 13 units of competency, which is made up of five (5) core units and twelve (12) elective units, of which:
- All five (5) units may be chosen from the elective units listed below
- Up to two (2) units may be from a Certificate III, Certificate IV or Diploma in any currently endorsed training package or accredited course, provided they do not duplicate the outcome of another unit chosen for the qualification.
- BSBFIA401Prepare financial reports
- BSBSMB412Introduce cloud computing into business operations
- FNSACC311Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401Complete business activity and instalment activity statements 1
- FNSTPB402Establish and maintain payroll systems1
- 1 Unit required for the FNSSS00004 BAS Agent Registration Skill Set.
Sample Elective Units
- BSBCUS301Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBCUS403Implement customer service standards
- BSBITU306Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU402Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBSMB401Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB402Plan small business finances
- BSBWOR501Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBWRT301Write simple documents
- FNSACC313Perform financial calculations
- FNSACC405Maintain inventory records
- FNSACC407Produce job costing information
- FNSACC411Process business tax requirements
- FNSACC412Prepare operational budgets
- FNSACC413Make decisions in a legal context
- FNSACC414Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- FNSACM401Evaluate and authorize payment requests
Flexible plans and upfront discounts are available.