BSB – Human Resources Management
Call us on +61 7 3290 5359 or request a course advisor to call you.
BSB50618 Diploma of Human Resources Management
The Diploma of Human Resources Management is designed for convenient digital delivery via our online Student Portal. This course will help you to develop your skills in human resource management and services, to develop and manage performance management processes, and to implement and monitor WHS policies.
Online access enables you to study at your pace, from your own home and includes a generous 24-month enrolment period.
This qualification provides you with the skills necessary to support your current and future employment in human resource management roles. You will learn successful strategies for employee relations, workforce planning, and procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements.
Get started today!
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements. However, our students are required to be 18 years or older at the time of registration and demonstrate the minimum level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills, and computer skills. If English isn’t your first language, you may be required to sit an LLN test to ensure you are suitable to undertake the course. Please refer to the relevant IPS Policies and the Student Handbook for full details.
Successful completion of this qualification will allow you to apply for positions such as:
HR Manager Training and Development
Human Resources Officer
HR Manager Employee Engagement
HR Manager Employee Relations
HR Manager Recruitment and Selection
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability you may be eligible for IPS Institute to conduct RPL. The process may enable you to get unit credits allowing you to fast-track this qualification. Contact us for information about your eligibility.
Course Structure and Units
To obtain a Diploma of Human Resources Management you must achieve competency in 9 units of competency which is made up of (6) six core units and (3) elective units, of which:
- At least 2 units must be from the elective units below
- If not listed below, 1 unit may be from any endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Certificate IV level or above.
The selection of electives must be guided by the job outcome sought, local industry requirements and the complexity of skills appropriate to the AQF level of this qualification.
- BSBHRM501Manage human resources services
- BSBHRM506Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- BSBHRM512Develop and manage performance-management processes
- BSBHRM513Manage workforce planning
- BSBWRK520Manage employee relations
- BSBWHS401Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
Sample Elective Units
- BSBDIV501Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBFIM501Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBFIM502Manage payroll
- BSBHRM502Manage human resources management information systems
- BSBHRM505Manage remuneration and employee benefits
- BSBHRM507Manage separation or termination
- BSBHRM509Manage rehabilitation or return-to-work programs
- BSBHRM510Manage mediation processes
- BSBINM501Manage an information or knowledge management system
- BSBINN601Develop and use complex spread sheets
- BSBLED501Develop a workplace learning environment
- BSBLED502Manage programs that promote personal effectiveness
- BSBMGT516Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMG522Undertake project work
- BSBRKG502Manage and monitor business or records system
- BSBRSK501Manage risk
- BSBSUS501Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWHS516Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisations WHS management system
- BSBWHS521Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
Flexible plans and upfront discounts are available.
Part-Time – approx. 24 months
Full-Time – approx. 12 months