PROCESS PLANT OPERATIONS
PMA – Chemicals, Hydrocarbons and Refining
At IPS Institute, we provide you and your organisation with the right career advice and guidance on which course and subsidy option best fits with your goals.
The Certificate III in Process Plant Operations is delivered onsite allowing you and your team to train without taking time out of their busy schedules and gain practical experience in their normal work environment immediately. We provide the tools and materials to support you and your team to complete the training.
As a result, this presents a perfect opportunity for organisations to up-skill their employees so that they are constantly developing and evolving.
While undertaking training with IPS Institute you can be sure that our trainers have expert vocational knowledge and experience, integrating a student-centered approach for enhanced learning outcomes.
Our emphasis is on delivering quality training enabling students to reach their goals and aim for career advancement.
PMA30116 – Certificate III in Process Plant Operations
The Certificate III in Process Plant Operations is designed to support your current and future positions in process plant operations.
You will gain relevant skills in a wide variety of areas including participating in environmentally sustainable work practices, applying workplace content to own a job, communicating in the workplace, monitor the implementation of good manufacturing plant practices, shut down and isolate machinery/equipment, license to operate a standard and advanced boilers, and operate a production unit.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However the learner must be employed full time or part time and have access to a workplace to gain sufficient experience to successfully complete the Unit of Competency requirements. Please refer to the relevant IPS Policies and the Student Handbook for full details.
Potential career outcomes on completion of Certificate III in Process Plant Operations include:
- Advanced Operations
- Process Plant Operator
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability you may be eligible for IPS Institute to conduct RPL. The process may enable you to get unit credits allowing you to fast-track this qualification. Contact us for information about your eligibility.
Course Structure and Units
To obtain the Certificate III in Process Plant Operations, you must achieve competency in 21 units of competency, which is made up of (5) five core units plus (16) sixteen elective units, of which:
- 2 units of competency from Group A
- Remainder may be chosen from the sample of Groups A, B and C
Note: 4 elective units can be chosen from other qualifications in this Training Package, other endorsed Training Packages and accredited courses, as specified in Groups B and C.
- MSMENV272Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MSMSUP100Apply workplace context to own job
- MSMSUP102Communicate in the workplace
- MSMWHS110Follow emergency response procedures
- MSMWHS200Work safely
Sample Elective Units
Group A – Technical Electives
- FDFPHGMP3AMonitor the implementation of Good Manufacturing Practice procedures
- MEM04001BOperate melting furnaces
- MSMSUP301Apply HACCP to the workplace
- FDFPH1001AFollow work procedures to maintain Good Manufacturing Practice
- FDFPH2001AApply Good Manufacturing Practice procedures
- MEM11011B Undertake manual handling
- MSMOPS100Use equipment
- MSMOPS102Perform tasks to support production
- MSMOPS200Operate equipment
- MSMSUP101Clean workplace or equipment
- MSMSUP204Pack products or materials
- MSMSUP273Handle goods
- MSS402040AApply 5S procedures
- MSS402051AApply quality standards
- PMAOPS236Monitor continuous process plant
- PMASUP244Prepare and isolate plant
The Certificate 3 Guarantee, funded by the Queensland Government, is available to eligible individuals to gain their first post school Certificate III or Certificate IV qualification.
Flexible plans and upfront discounts are available.
Part-Time – approx. 16-18 months
Full-Time – approx. 12 months